Delhi based IT executive Sachin Rathee is a keen trader in stocks. However, as per his company policy, he cannot place trades from his office computer. Then he got a call from his broker regarding mobile trading app, through which he could view live market rates and place trades. The mobile app initially looked like a savior for placing trades. However, he still continues to struggle because of frequent network issues and app session time outs. Moreover, mobile trading apps have basic functionality only and do not allow futuristic technical features such as automated trading.
Benefits of Mobile Trading App
- Trading on-the-go. Place trades while you in a meeting, in a cafeteria or travelling. Basically you just need internet to connect.
- Viewing and managing trade positions easily.
- Independence from power breaks or internet disconnection
- Independence from office firewall and company policies
Limitations of Mobile Trading App
- Unavailability of Conditional Orders (Bracket, GTC, Taget Close)
- Due to small screen size, app does not allow feature-rich Charting and Automated Trading System (ATS)
- Unavailability of automated trading facility
Automated NSE Mobile Trading
Using a small workaround, it is easy to harness the full trading technology even on mobile. The solution is to host the trading software on a VPS and then access the VPS remotely through smartphone. A VPS (short for Virtual Private Server) is a virtual computer provided on rent by web hosting companies. For cost as little as Rs. 750 per month, these companies may provide 99.99% connectivity guaranatee. This means, the ATS can be remotely managed from mobile/tablet/laptop, while it is actually running on the VPS.
Generally a windows VPS with 2GB ram is sufficient for hosting the popular auto trading software. This fits in the starting budget of Rs. 1000 per month
A heavier platform such as Symphony’s Presto may require 4GB ram.
VPS For Trading: