The Bridge is a lightweight portable application which does not required installation!
For ease of use – copy the Bridge folder with all files in C directory. Next, locate file “APIBridgeLauncher.exe” and create its shortcut on desktop. That’s all.
System Requirements for Bridge:
1. 500MB available RAM
2. Pentium 1.1 Ghz or higher
3. Windows 7 SP2/Windows 8 or higher
4. Internet Explorer v10 or higher
5. .Net framework 4.7 or higher
These will be provided by your Administrator (from where you downloaded this software)
The Bridge updates automatically whenever a new version is available.
System Requirements for Amibroker Integration
VC++ runtime environment 2015 is required for Amibroker dll. Windows-10 has this pre-installed, but you may need to install it on certain versions of Windows 7 or Windows 8. You require 32-bit or 64-bit environment based on Amibroker version. Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Troubleshooting Login Problems
On a NORMAL computers, you will not face any issue in login. However, due to bad security settings of VPS, Antivirus, Internet Explorer etc. there may be problems.
You can avoid ALL problems by using FREE Amazon AWS. See here how to setup VPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSMM0iQfQjo
IF you get error regarding .Net Framework, you can install from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472
However, if it does not installs, you will need to contact your IT support person.
Also, APIBridge.exe needs admin permissions to run. If you do not have admin permissions, contact your IT support person or IT administrator.
Cannot connect to Internet
If you get this error, even when internet is running properly, it means some setting in your computer is blocking either the file APIBridgeLauncher.exe or APIBridge.exe. In this case, add exception to Windows Firewall and/or Antivirus.
1. Open settings for Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
2. On left, click on Outbound rules
3. Click New Rule from right
5. In “Which type of rule…” select Program
6. In “This Program path..” click Browse. go to APIBridge folder and select APIBridgeLauncher.exe. Click Next.
7. In “What action should be taken…” select “Allow the connection”. Click Next
8. In “When does this rule…” tick all available options. Click Next
9. Give any name to the rule, like “bridge launcher”. Click Finish
10. Repeat steps 2-10 for APIBridge.exe
You need to add the files APIBridgeLauncher.exe, APIBridge.exe in your antivirus safe list
Page Not Found after Login to API
If you receive Page Not Found after Login to API, even when all API credentials are correct, the problem may be because of Internet Explorer settings.
Internet Explorer Settings
1. Internet Explorer (IE) is used to login to broker account. On VPS sometimes, IE settings are usually too strict and they block your broker.
2. Click on Settings Icon on top-right. Then click About Internet Exploer. If version is less than 10, uninstall IE. Download and install fresh IE version 11.
3. Click on Settings Icon on top-right. Then click Internet options. Then click Security tab.
4. Under Security tab, you will see 4 options – Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites
5. Select Internet, then drag Security level to lowest. Uncheck the option Enable Protected Mode. Click Apply.
6. Click on Trusted Sites, then drag Security level to lowest. Uncheck the option Enable Protected Mode. Click Apply.
7. Click Restricted Sites, then drag Security level to lowest. Uncheck the option Enable Protected Mode. Click Apply.
The APIBridge automatically reconnects after internet disconnection. However, during the time when internet is disconnected, any trades cannot be done.
If you do no have stable internet connection, make sure you keep watch on message window for internet disconnection issues. You need to manually manage for disturbances due to internet disconnection.