5-Minute Amibroker Training for Algo Trading
Even if you are using Amibroker for first time, follow the steps given below for a quick 5-minute Amibroker training session! You can even use Amibroker for trading without using any charts!
If you are looking for Comprehensive Training, click Amibroker for Professional Strategy Design and Algo Trading (APSAT)
Amibroker Training for automated trading through charts:
Applying Strategy and integration AFL
1. When you first start Amibroker, it may open chart by default. Close any existing chart to start fresh algo trading experience.
2. Go to File->New->Blank Chart and open a blank chart
3. Go to formula editor as shown in image below
4. In Formula Editor window, click Open as shown in open below
5. Open the Strategy AFL in formula editor
6. Once Strategy AFL is opened, Open a second window of Formula Editor
7. Open the ATS Integration AFL
8. Select ALL and Copy the code from ATS Integration AFL
9. Paste the code from ATS Integration AFL at the END of Strategy AFL
10. Save this file with a new name at convenient location
11. Apply this integrated strategy on the blank chart in step 2
12. Repeat step number 2. and 11 to apply strategy on another chart window.
13. Tile windows vertically to view both charts
14. Set Parameters for both open charts; right-click on a chart->Paramters
15. Save the multi-chart layout; if Layout window in not visible, check it from the View menu
Using Trace Logs
Click on View ->Log, click Trace tab, right-click to enable internal trace output.
Preferences Settings: Keep bar timestamp at START time of interval
Please ensure that Multi-threaded charts execution is disabledfor trading with Nest Plus
Problem of auto order placing problem. Now I have connected amibroker with TWS through IB controller. When I start log in amibroker, many orders will start placing immediately in accordance with my AFL strategies, but auto- orders placing will be stopped after running for a while. I need to kick the charts or log off and log on amibroker platform again, then orders placing start functioning again. It delay the times of order placing enormously and lead to profit losses frequently
pls help me find out and solve this problem.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Kwok Kit Ng